Africa Mental Health Foundation (AMHF) is a non-governmental organization, based in Kenya dedicated to research on mental and neurological health and substance use to generate evidence for policy and best practice in the provision of affordable, appropriate, available and accessible mental health services for Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
We have over the past 10 years, partnered with public and private institutions both locally and abroad to:
1. Conduct mental health research and disseminate findings.
2. Develop innovative practices for mental health services in the context of prevailing socio-cultural and
3. Enhance capacity in mental health and mental health research
4. Advocate for mental health and the rights of persons with psychosocial disabilities
5. Engage and influence policy makers in mental health
We focus on person centered mental health, community, institutional and environmental determinants
of mental health as well as the biological and spiritual aspects of mental health.