About Africa Mental Health Foundation
To be the centre of excellence in Africa for research, training, knowledge translation, and advocacy in mental health.
To go beyond the ordinary in conducting innovative research, knowledge translation, training, capacity
enhancement and advocacy realized through:
1. Multi-disciplinary, multi-sectored approaches
2. Strategic partnerships and alliances
3. Continually developing our internal capacity and capabilities
4. Strictly adhering to our core values and ethical standards and
5. Conduct our activities in a manner that safeguards the environmental conservancy.
We have over the past 10 years, partnered with public and private institutions both locally and abroad to:
1. Conduct mental health research and disseminate findings
2. Develop innovative practices for mental health services in the context of prevailing socio-cultural and economic factors
3. Enhance capacity in mental health and mental health research
4. Advocate for mental health and the rights of persons with psychosocial disabilities
5. Engage and influence policy makers in mental health.
AMHF CORE VALUES
1. Team spirit
3. Continual improvement