Our International Collaborators
- Harvard University – Prof. David Ndetei, the Founding Director at AMHF serves as Faculty and Collaborator, The Chester M. Pierce, MD Division of Global Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- The Global Mental Health Program (GMHP), Columbia University, New York – A 5-year MOU for collaboration in the development of research training in culture and mental health.
- New York University School of Medicine and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) – AMHF is a an early adopter member of “A Billion Minds and Lives”, a new initiative partially funded by NYU School of Medicine and implemented by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) that aims to reduce the mental health treatment gap in low and middle income countries by ensuring that the one billion people who need treatment for mental illnesses in these countries receive treatment by 2020 http://www.abillionminds.org/ .
- Washington University at Missouri – Collaboration on the study: Identification of Psychosis-Risk Traits in Africa. Funded by: National Institutes of Health (NIH – R21 grant)
- University of Vermont – Collaboration in a study titled “Mobile Substance Use Intervention for HIV Prevention” Funded by: The National Institutes of Health (NIH – R21 grant)
- The Peter C. Alderman Foundation (PCAF) – AMHF collaborates with PCAF to run the only psychotrauma clinic in Kenya located in Kibera . We also work together to convene the Nairobi editions of the Annual Pan-African PCAF Psychotrauma Conference.
- Palo Alto University.
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine– Setting up a hub for mental Health in Africa
- NextGenU.org – The eData K project funded by Grand Challenges Canada
- University of Toronto – The KIDS and TEAM projects funded by Grand Challenges Canada
- University of British Columbia – The eData K project funded by Grand Challenges Canada
- Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry – Western University – The CREATE Project funded by Grand Challenges Canada
- University of Konstanz – A study titled “Sustainable and Adapted Treatment Strategies to Restore Psychological Functioning and Mental Health among Displaced Somalis: Preparation of a Multicenter Treatment Study“. Funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Deakin University, Australia – Study on mental health care in Kenya: investigating strategies for capacity building in primary health care settings.
- HealthCom Global Network – We have a signed MoU geared towards fundraising for research activities.
- World Psychiatric Association (WPA) – AMHF is a collaborating center. Prof. David Ndetei is the ZONE 14 – Southern & Eastern Africa Representative.
- Africa Global Mental Health institute – Prof. David Ndetei and Dr. Victoria Mutiso are active collaborators.
- Mental Health Innovation Network Africa – AMHF- Member organization.
- WAPR Collaborating Centre for Research and Training – Application Pending